Welcome to my website. I am so glad you found me!
I offer counselling and psychotherapy services that meet you where you are. If you are looking for support to face some of your life’s challenges or to live a more satisfying life, I may be able to help.
My work is guided by the following key principles:
- All human beings possess a natural tendency toward growth and healing and this tendency is strengthened when supported and nurtured.
- As social beings we develop who we are in relationship with others; it is also in relationship with a warm, caring other that we learn to heal past wounds.
- Counselling/psychotherapy is a collaborative process in which the client is in the driver’s seat, directing the process according to their own goals and needs
- Cultural factors (such as race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, etc.) can be just as important as individual ones, in understanding who we are and what we need to grow and heal
- We are all so much more than the worst thing we have ever done
Most of us will at some point in our lives come to a place where we could benefit from working with a counsellor or therapist. If you are at such a place now, I invite you to explore this website to get a sense of whether I might be a good fit for you. You can also give me call.
Regardless of which counsellor or therapist you choose, counselling or psychotherapy is an investment in yourself, your well being and your future. Here are some of the possible outcomes and benefits we might work towards:
- Increased self-confidence
- Increased sense of purpose, value and self worth
- More satisfying, balanced relationships
- Elimination or decrease in self-destructive behaviours
- Decrease in stress due to improved capacity (strategies & tools) to manage life’s challenges
- Increased sense of compassion for self and others
- More positive, optimistic and hopeful attitude towards life and the future
I hope to hear from you! Best of luck on your journey to your best self!
Please note that my practice is full and I am not currently accepting new clients at the moment. Please let me know if I can help in some other way or check back for updates. (last updated October 2018)